December 10, 2010

Ode to my childhood companion !!

He was in the welcoming committee
when my parents brought me home from the hospital....
He lay nearby as my mother fed me ...
He guarded my crib, always alert for the slightest whimper....

He supported my faltering steps....

He ran with me along a thousand steep steps...

He kept my secrets and kissed away my tears...
He stood with me through my childhood humiliations...

He saw me off to school everyday....
Looking out through the big iron gates.....

He missed me a lot when I was away...
His joy knew no bounds when I returned back from school...

He never left me alone when I was sick....
He snuggled close to me when I was afraid of the dark....


He played with me whenever I felt lonely...
He listened to all my rantings...
He saved me by guzzling the food I slipped under the table....




He was my precious childhood companion...
He taught me what a gift it was to be loved by a DOG !!
My lovely Alsatian Dog - ROCKY !!

2 comments:

Glen said...

I genuinely agree with you here. Dogs are a real source of love and affection.And like you mentioned in one of the older posts, the love that animals shower on you is unconditional. I miss my little terrier SWEET so much. You know what? I just cried like hell when SWEET died. Couldnt bear the thing. I would suddenly call SWEET...and then tearfully remember she is no more .Painful !

Glen said...

I need to say that I have got another terrier. Her name is ROSE. Will send you pictures of her later.