February 02, 2011

First impression is in the eyes of the beholder !!

Something that has always fascinated me is the quote "  "First impression is the best" coz I keep wondering as to which part of that "debut performance" really counts !! If it is just "looks" that are judged first, I am unsure as to how the blind judge us ? Could be with our sounds and intonations ? If so , what impression would you make to the deaf ? Just curious !!



 If ..according to physics "light travels faster than sound" , then our first impressions should be linked to sight and not speech ? Well.. that's what I ve felt .And maybe that is why we feel some people are bright until we hear them speak !! 
 I also believe that, people who are unable to do speak their mind ,could possibly have nothing in their mind to begin with. Well, I've felt the same with people who do not listen. I am sure no one will be able to speak when he doesn’t listen what he hears.
Judging people from first impressions is quite simple. Like for instance, imagine you have just met a person and someone asks you , what you think of that person .Well..he can force a story out of you, and I am sure you’d succeed in telling a beautiful one, despite it being entirely out of guesswork. So from all this, let me conclude ....
 Though, in one way, it is not wrong to pass judgment from first impressions.... it still is wrong in another way...cos it doesn't really work that way. In fact, you really cant do it !! Cos what we see, is only our imagination. And so let me conclude that "First impression- is in the eyes of the beholder". Hope you guys agree!!

3 comments:

Glen said...

Though what you said is true, I prefer to vote against what you said.Because I have gone through many situations where my first impression spoiled my image later, as I tend to be a very simple person in my outfit. I suppose personality has a bigger role to play. your first impression is very important and most of the time you get only one chance to make that knocking impact. It is also true that usually you do not get another chance to rectify your first impression.
But one thing is it depends on the people you be with.I have always felt that there are no retakes. There is only one shot.

Glen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raghav said...

I feel external appearence matters only for a few moments but a persons way of speaking and general sense is the most important thing...there are people who look good but would have no manners or etiquettes . I would strongly say that those looks are of no use.A mans personality depends on his attitude and how he carries himself.But as it was rightly said by the butterfly, it all depends on the taste of the people whom we move have to be with. You cant decorate yourself too much in a gathering of people who prefer to be simple.That would make them only to hate you.