November 22, 2010

Crazy Rambling !!

Coming out of the airport entrance, my driver happened to pullover suddenly towards the right without turning on the indicator lights, when I shouted that one of my papers flew out. I could hear angry shouts coming from a beautiful white Opal Corsa,  ...!!! To my ill luck, a traffic police man suddenly loomed up in front of me from God-knows-where !! My driver was trying his best to pacify the old guy , explaining to him that one of my valuables had fallen out of the car and he had no other way than do this !! The white sedan which came behind had pulled up behind us and a young lady got out wearing a blue jeans and a white kurta .To my surprise I could see the smiling young lady running towards me with open arms ready for a bear hug... ....and in a matter of minutes, I was talking to one of my very best friends from college.We had'nt met for many years now.....and somehow, we had not kept in touch over the mail even. And surprisingly...both of us chattered on like we had never been away.....

This really makes me wonder why we feel comfortable with certain people even when we meet them very rarely or have'nt met for years together...Sometimes this happens even with people whom we meet for the very first time,  to whom we feel like talking as if we had known each other all our lives...whereas we would find it difficult to open ourselves to certain others whom we would have been with us for such a long time .

Just like this, rare incidents happen at times...like love at first sight...finding a friend who understands you in such a way that she would complete your sentences for you...Well ...How do we define such incidents ?
I suppose most of us come across someone whom we seem to have known forever...it could happen between companions with perfect tuning....or even those who've been friends for long...

You may not even actively maintain the friendship ..or make regular calls or send mails...not even forwards ...
But when you meet them after that long gap...you can start from wherever you had left off. It makes you feel like you had been connected at the soul level , all along...

But there are also extremes where certain relationships are short lived and teach you a lesson . And once the lesson is learnt, it ends. It explains why you get affected by a person who fleetingly appears only to disappear in the same manner.

But some people remain for a lifetime in spite of odds.We feel like they are our real friends whom we cannot live without.



There are certain others who pop up suddenly during a difficult time and then disappear again only to reappear in some other difficulty....maybe even after years. They may lend a shoulder for you to cry on , give advice and when you have crossed the difficulty they completely disappear ...

Thinking about all these people, I get reminded of what I had read long time back, about soul mates...Does this mean that these people whose soul get connected to us could be defined as soul mates...these people who perfectly understand you...Or could be that even 'you' may be a soul mate to some other friend !!

Why do we feel this way, only with certain people ? Is it because of similar frequency of thoughts ? Or is this what we often say  "birds of a feather flock together" ? I dont think so....

Is it something connected to reincarnation like the hindu vedas speak ? Well.....I suppose soulmates come in some form or the other....going on from one birth to another ?? A brother could have been a father ...and a mother could have been a sister or a child...a husband could have been a brother...a wife could have been a mother ...

Well, just look at all your relations...those that really matter to you...What I mean is...try to actually SEE them ....Well, do you really get what I mean to say ? Well I suppose that is why ....a husband sometimes tries to play the role of a father ? A girl plays the role of a mother to a friend... a wife behaves like a child...one of the children get attached to you so very much than all the others...??

Just analyse the kind of relationship you share with the people who really mean a lot to you... If you happen to understand this... you may understand what I mean.... Maybe you will recognise your soulmates!

Sounds Crazyyyy ? I suppose this will at least help you to know each one of them better.... and maybe understand everyones actions better ..also you might know how important each one of them is ...in your life..... !!!

8 comments:

Glen said...

Quite philosophical, but true. But I dont believe in reincarnation. But as you said there is something which connects souls. If not we would feel the same way with everyone. This oneness we feel with others could be quite psychological.The same kind of vibes of thought could be one reason.
I had never felt like sharing my probs with anyone but last month, when i met an old friend of mine from KSA, after such a long time, I couldnt believe myself talking to her for a longer time than i ever would and the funniest thing is , I didnt feel like stopping. It so happens that soulmates really do exist !

Butterfly Traveller said...

Thats true, Lets hope someone finds out the answer to all the "why"s that exist in nature !!

raghav said...

I would never call this crazy or that you were rambling off. Sure to say this talks a lot of sense.I used to know a guy from India who was working with us, who used to talk of his soulmate who would find him exactly when his heart needs somebody to console him. But what I do feel is soulmates are the people who shoulder you and motivate you and help bring out the best in you. They may not always be perfect but are always the best ones for us .Let me say that it was really a thought provoking post.

Unknown said...

Interesting Post.

Arul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stella said...

That sounds really really good.From my side i can say that really good people exist, especially FRIENDS.Thats true that our true friends come in our life and they stay longer.it happened in my life too ie)some of our close ones have the same thought what we think,when we both let it out at the same time..there will be no words to express our happiness,coz we wonder how we think of the same thing..sometimes i wonder why such things happen.. thats something a nice feeling..
luv,
Stella ;)

stella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pilgrim said...

This was a wonderful post! Don't know if you would check the comments! But thought of leaving one! I prefer the kind of relationship wherein we are not writing to each other or not calling over phone, but still when we happen to meet one fine day, we connect as we used to before!