November 18, 2010

A guy frm the north pole and a gal from the south pole...living together on the equator !!

Well I am back again...One big long month away from the blogosphere.....I feel really happy I am back ....I really love to scribble something ...every now and then. However, right now , guys ....I need to make a wee little escape from my work... ? Ha Ha ...Any way ...here goes today's butterfly ramblings  …

I thought  I ll write about something ..not that serious... but still, something that the butterfly finds intriguing again !!!


Well...Its about me and the person I love the most...That's Bambly...(my handsome hubby, of course !!!  I'm quite used to calling him so... that i really am prone to embarass myself by forgetting his real name one day !!)

Bambly and I .....we never really have the same likings but still love each other so very much... Its always confusing how two different individuals hailing from two different places can be so very close , when they share more of dissimilarities and more often have extremely different viewpoints on various regards...
  
You know ...Its like a guy from the north pole and a gal from the south pole sitting together comfortably on the equator ??? But I suppose most of you guys , feel the same too !! 



To say about differences...lets take colors first.... 

I love Pink….the color pink in every little shade.... Pink Dresses, Pink Walls, Pink mobile phone, Pink Shoes,Pink nailpaints, Pink Laptops... (Well..Can’t forget the salesman staring at me when I stomped off the shop saying I ll wait till a pink netbook comes in !! ) Take me for being crazy, but I love pink !! And there is no way Bambly could change me......try as he may !! 


You know what ??? When i was a little girl, I used to dream of a Pink Sky even ? 


But sadly Bambly loves blue..Like any macho man, he just loves blue...blue in everything...blue in every shade..blue shirts, blue jeans, blue walls, blue every where around him !He is at his real best when he wears blue !!


Well....If you take movies... 

I love watching movies at home..Its more of being together with Bambly that I enjoy,  than watching the movie itself..So any movie is fine , provided we watch it together... So i would never mind watching any stupid film on earth.... in any language ...even without subtitles ...,just  for the sake of being with Bambly !!
Bambly is not like me...He enjoys good movies with good stories , even old ones go fine with him...especially watching them at a theatre munching popcorn ..I love Johnny Depp whereas he hates Depp....but loves Will Smith and Jackie Chan and he must have watched each and every film that  Jackie (OVER)ACTED in......some of which I am sure even JACKIE WOULD'NT HAVE BOTHERED TO WATCH !!! Ha Ha !!.


Coming to seasons... 

I just love rain ...just like that ...  the sound of rain ... the sound of thunder ...the sudden flashes of lightening .  the smell of wet earth, the puddles on the road ...the smell of bajjis and vadais as you race through the rain ...water splashing from the wheels of the car....the hot coffee at home while the thunderclouds rumble! 
Bambly hates rain..To him it wastes his day..He would prefer to sit in his air conditioned office, pondering into files or the computer, instead of getting his shirt dirty pitter pattering in the rain...Maybe he'd love it if it was a rainy holiday and he could sit at home watching news ???


NEWS !!!...Well..thats something I hate..... right from the time i was a child .... my dad used to drag me in front of the TV , so that his little baby gets some knowledge about this big old world...


Bambly just loves news ...politics ??/ he just loves them !! HE WOULD WATCH THE SAME NEWS AGAIN AND AGAIN IN MANY DIFFERENT LANGUAGES ...any number of times... but poor me !! I would prefer to watch news about aliens visiting earth...UFOs ....genetically engineered veggies .. .earthquakes...tsunamis...well ..you know , those things really do matter....we've got to care for this world , Yaar !!! 

But take my word...NO politics.......except of course !! OBAMA DANCING with the school children ?? WOWW..,,,,,,That is one interesting piece of news worth watching !!


Books are Bamblys passion ...he even loves the smell of books!! you know, he loves everything classic .. scientific ...psychology...philosophy....occult science and what not !!....But me...i would prefer to read something sweet to kill time ( But that's only when I really could find some extra time to be free !!)...maybe even a sydney sheldon would do fine ...but nothing serious...no fiction... If ever I am serious , I would prefer to read a scientific journal...related to my research....


Singing.....All my friends know that I really do sing fine ... !! Bambly too loves singing... but only when he is under the shower , taking bath and you know...HE GIVES EXTREME COMPLEXES TO DONKEYS !!


I like to stare at the sky ...but Bambly likes to stare at the screen of his computer !!!


I love experimental cooking ...You know what ? ??? Bambly is a nice guy !! He is brave enough to gobble up and even appreciate those goodies I try out !!




When i love to watch the stars on a moonlit night, and wonder about those marvels that God created .......Bambly would love to look up at the sky and think about the speed of light coming from the stars or about comets and asteroids !!
When Bambly looks at me and asks how far my research has gone....I would be asking Bambly how much he loves me.... the umpteenth time !!


Bambly and I love eating chocolates .....I love chocolate flakes.......He loves candies , bubblegums...any thing with the taste "sweet" on it
You know what ? he often gets bitten by mosquitoes and ants...and says that's because they all know that he is so very sweet !!


Well...that reminds me of food .....and that reminds me of the time.......eeeeks !!! Its 1.30 pm ...way after midnight...The notes for my thesis must have been downloaded long back...Got to go !!!


8 comments:

Glen said...

Hallo there...My dash board cheated me again! I missed noticing your posts.Could be because we thought you had temporarily stopped blogging.This is indeed a wonderful post. You have let everyone get a peep into your heart. But you shouldnt have compared your darling hubby to the donkeys !! Would love to know how he reacted to that statement of yours . Looks like there are no comments from his side ? Hope he is doing fine. Going about,his jolly good self , as usual ? May God keep you both happy always !!

Glen said...

And how about your research ? How far has it gone ?

Butterfly Traveller said...

Thanks yaar! you know what? Bam had a good laugh when he read the post . Looks like he too feels somewhat the same about me...ha ha! He said I was giving extreme complexes to monkeys now a days...just like the testimonial you wrote for me once !!

Butterfly Traveller said...

My research is going snail-fast! Had a giant uterine cancer screening cum awareness program (PAP)last week from the club, so that I was on the run most of the time.And also, a little car crash, nothing serious. Everythings alright, except a bad neck .Would really love to finish the thing off by the end of December. Thanks for your concern !!

raghav said...

Hey , That was a funny post which made me laugh like hell.Thank god you didnt really let it out that its the hobby of university officials to sit and watch icons on the monitor instead of stars? But frankly speaking, the title of your posts are always mysterious and this time it stirred up a discussion among us here.Anyway, good to have the gal from the south pole back in the blogosphere !!

Arul said...

C'mon guys! How can I comment about myself? I suppose you are aware that I am the major topic of this discussion.Anyway, the story,screenplay and direction is good . And of course, I agree to raghav. The titles are fabulous !

Butterfly Traveller said...

@Raghav: Thankyou !But I never really let it out! Ha Ha!

Butterfly Traveller said...

@Arul: Tks Bam..That was sweet of you !!