October 26, 2010

Gunshot from Heaven..

 


When the early morning phone call woke me up, I was groping in the dark trying to find my mobile phone. The pink device had slipped out of my hands while I slumbered into deep sleep… Ronan Keating's   song “You say it best when you say nothing at all “ came floating from my mobile phone ...It was my favourite song and I had set it as my ring tone... but now it sounded eerie along with the light which flickered from the device !!


The frantic sound of my friend could be heard on the other end….Jess is very sick !! Could you talk to her now ? She wants to speak to you ! I fumbled in the dark , trying to get to Jess as soon as I could..Jess was in the hospital. They had found cancer.  It was in the worst stage.  I could hear sobs at the other end. She was one of my real good friends..


I tried best to console her but pretty much failed as miserably as I could. Even as I tried to be encouraging, I could find myself whimpering. The words that came out of my rambling mouth were not the least adequate. I knew that this could never be made alright.


Well.. It was the worst thing to happen to a 29 year old..
The least I could do was to ask her to call me anytime, if she needed to vent and get it all out .  I was not sure how much that could have helped Jess, but I heard myself telling her.... I’ll be there for you, in case you need me....


The whole situation was pathetic….unfair.  And there was nothing anyone could do....


I really do wonder why all this happens to people. And it gets too difficult when it is someone whom you really love.  Jess was a very sweet person who had every right to enjoy life like all of us... She was a wife who was the world to her partner …a mother without whom her 8 year old girl could never survive...This should be the very best years of a woman’s life. And she was going to lose everything.....


And finally, the gun shots came in …out of nowhere....Without warning… Hitting harder than anything that had ever hit before....


Jess passed away … it was all too bad …..So unreal..…


We dont understand how much someone means to us until we lose them. I don’t even know if I had really expressed enough to tell Jess how much I cared for her..How much she meant to me…


I keep wondering ... why we dont care to express how much we feel for our family, friends... everyone whom we care  …who they are in our life... I dont know if we really tell them we do love them all so very much...  Tell them we appreciate all that they do for us and how much they mean to us ...Thank them enough for everything that they are in our life....I suppose it is alright even if we are annoying them about it,


But really... We have no idea when the gun shots would come from heaven !!
 




JennyPadua,Nagercoil,TamilNadu,India,JeniPadua

4 comments:

Glen said...

I really do agree with you. There are lots of people who would not care to acknowledge a good deed.What is most essential is, like you said, we need to tell people how we feel about all the good they do for us .Indeed stella's sad story was pathetic. Praying for her family especially her little girl. Wonderful post !!

Anonymous said...

It was terrible to happen to such a young girl. Pray to God for her daughter and husband .

Butterfly Traveller said...

@ glen..glen i had to change the name from stella to saira cos one of my cousin's name is stella too and she felt bad when i wrote stella died.well, i should ve thought of it..anyway,tks for the appreciation and praying for the family too!

Butterfly Traveller said...

@anonymous...tks for the prayers !