October 18, 2010

My Grandmother did'nt go to school !

My granny was a mountain of strength. Though she did not got to school, she was the most literate . Everyone in the family turned to her for advice. She was the coolest woman I have ever come across in life. The relationship I had shared with her can never be explained.

Once I lost my gold ring studded with a big garnet and of course like in the movies, the culprit was assumed to be the servant and it was suggested that she be searched...At that time my grandmother stopped us from this and told us a beautiful story which comes to my mind even now when i come across such situations......

" There was a mother dove who had 5 daughter doves.





One day the mother dove went out asking the youngest daughter to fry a bottle of peas. When she returned she found half the bottle of fried peas missing. She was furious at the little dove whom she thought had devoured the peas. She flew upto the little one and furiously pecked her on and on until finally the little dove fainted and was dead. After a few days the mother dove had another bottle of peas to fry. She found to her surprise that the peas on frying had shrunk and only half the bottle of peas were left. She could not bear her sorrow. She started crying and hitting her head against the tree and was finally dead". 


 


At that time, this story was meant for us children. But I would rather suggest this for grownups. Because we are the ones who make this mistake often..Many a time we mistake and misunderstand people for what they havent done and talk against them. I suppose it is not just women who gossip ...I have seen men gossip too...and of course backbiting toooo.... 

DONT WE JUDGE PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEY ARE NOT......AND GO ON PECKING AT THEM ....
UNTIL WE KILL THEM EMOTIONALLY ? ? ?

Does this strike a cord somewhere ???? Well ....It really hurts !  

But here  I would like to defend the mother dove too..It was'nt because the mother dove did not love her little one...She was blinded by anger and didnt know what she did...Whereas the little dove didnot even know why the mother dove pecked and killed her !!

Sorry to say that the ring is still with me ...We found it under my dressing table !!!


JennyPadua,Nagercoil,TamilNadu,India,JeniPadua

4 comments:

Glen said...

We all make this mistake .Regards to your grandmother .

Unknown said...

Would be good if everyone feels this way !

Arul said...

Wonderful moral !!

Butterfly Traveller said...

Thankyou everyone !!