October 19, 2010

Returns come the other way !!



Until recently, like many others I too used to think I never did expect anything in return for what I did.
Well...I used to tell myself I was perfect. I felt proud I had the natural goodness in me which made me love and serve everyone unconditionally . But recently  I started feeling  that I was totally wrong.






I was only thinking  of all the monetary help I had done for others for which I hadn’t expected returns.
And never once did I  think about how much I was expecting returns from everyone " emotionally".

I suppose I was doing good ...because I wanted God to bless me...So had'nt I expected something in return for my deeds ?

I kept showering love on others and did things to make them happy . But was'nt it because i wanted them to love me in return? Again , I had expected returns ?

Well... When I start thinking this way I feel quite uneasy.  ...But most of us do this ...dont we ? And maybe, we all have trouble only because we expect returns to come from the same person. Well.. I suppose it usually doesn’t work that way? 

Sometimes it even comes in the form of the "happiness" we get when we make someone happy?? I ve felt this kind of unusual happiness  many times when I give gifts to people ...

well...again this is another one big confusion I have...i still dont know if it is alright  to give gifts to people ? And I still dont know if  they really feel happy getting those gifts ? oopss ...I am going off my track right now .. I suppose i'll write about this later !!

Well....They say ... 
What you withhold will be withheld from you.
If you expect love ... give love.
If you expect people to understand you... Try to understand them …
If you expect people to appreciate you ... show your appreciation for them.
If you want help, lend a helping hand....blah blah blah !!!

But I am sure it is not that simple???

We are not throwing a boomerang everytime we do something good for others ...to expect it to return back to us just like that ? I suppose returns dont come back from the same direction  ...

Could be that they come the other way !!! HA HA ...


JennyPadua,Nagercoil,TamilNadu,India,JeniPadua

6 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Wonderful posts! Keep going!

Butterfly Traveller said...

Thankyou so much !

Glen said...

Sometimes even bad incidents give good returns.What do you say of that ?

Unknown said...

That was indeed good !

Butterfly Traveller said...

I believe that everything happens for a reason !

Butterfly Traveller said...

@jcr..tks pa !!